Ajax Management is a growing real estate development and management company based in Trenton. We are looking for a team player that is enthusiastic and customer-service focused to become the Building Superintendent for newly renovated apartments in Trenton to maintain the physical condition and safety of the properties.
The Apartment Building Superintendent will have a proven track record in a maintenance supervisory position.
- Perform various maintenance functions including minor repairs in plumbing, electrical, appliances, painting, carpentry, flooring, heating/air issues
- Perform general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair.
- Conduct inspections and prepare vacant units for apartment turnovers
- Apartment turnovers include repainting units, cleaning, and misc. repairs
- Common area cleaning including vacuuming carpets and mopping floors
- Performing grounds maintenance
- Trash removal
- Light snow removal
- Manage service requests, work orders, and preventative maintenance items.
- Having after-hour and on-call responsibilities for emergencies including weekends and holidays
- Manage all activities in accordance with company policies, procedures and initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two to Five years maintenance experience in apartment management
- Maintenance/Operations experience with knowledge of building systems -- HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, electrical, carpentry, drywall systems, and painting
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Strong tenant relation skills
- Inventory and budget control experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and self manage
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Computer skills and proficiency a must
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Maintenance, 3 years
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org