Ajax Management is a growing real estate development and management company based in Trenton. We are looking for a quality oriented, customer-service focused Head Maintenance Technician for local apartment buildings.
The Head maintenance technician will oversee and work with a small team of maintenance technicians to provide excellent customer service, and will be responsible for the overall success
of all requests and work orders. Must be able to respond to maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner. All actions of this candidate will be handled with an absolute emphasis on providing great customer service; starting and finishing the job, being respectful to residents with issues, not cutting corners or leaving jobs unfinished, working with a positive attitude under any circumstance, and being able to take work orders and delegate to other team members with a positive attitude.
The Head Maintenance Tech must also be skilled and willing to perform representative tasks:
- Various maintenance functions including minor repairs that do not require licensing or inspections. Areas of repair may include electric, plumbing, heating and cooling, carpentry, appliances, flooring, landscaping, etc.
- General carpentry duties such as door and lock replacement, drywall repair, cabinet and countertop replacement, trim replacement, etc.
- Performs emergency on call service for after hours maintenance related issues as required.
- Performing preventative maintenance duties such as filter replacement, grout sealant, caulking, etc.
- Maintains equipment and monitors inventory
- Completes minor repairs in vacant units to prepare for market ready status
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance duties and tasks
- Assistance with clean up as necessary
- Must be able to work with a positive “can do” attitude, work amicably with supervisors, other employees, residents, community members, etc.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, and regulations
Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds, be able to stand for long periods of time during the day, operate and work off of ladders, hold large objects over their head, move appliances, and practice fitness measures such as bending at the knees to lift objects, be able to walk up and down stairs, etc.
Candidate must have computer and smart phone proficiency, small power tool proficiency, and basic knowledge of carpentry.
Candidate will have five years of property maintenance experience preferred, have a current and valid drivers license, and live within 30 minutes of Trenton, New Jersey.
Please email resumes to email@example.com