Maintenance is one of the most important parts of managing an apartment community. It is the Maintenance Technician who not only helps residents by repairing a leaky faucet or fixing the air conditioner to provide relief during those hot summer days, they are the ones who put residents at ease with their customer service skills and knowledge expertise. It is the Maintenance team who keeps the community running smoothly and provides a comfortable home for our residents.
As a Maintenance Technician you will ensure that the physical aspect of the apartment community meets company standards and applicable laws. You will diagnose problems and make repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance.
Property Management is a 24/7 job. Most calls to place work orders are made between 12pm - 2pm and after 5pm so it is very important that our Maintenance team is available on-call to assist residents with the issues in their homes as well as respond in the event of snow and ice and other on-site emergencies.
Career Paths for Maintenance Employees:
Morgan Properties encourages personal and professional growth for our employees. We take pride in our commitment to grow our employees through exceptional training and development.
Qualifications Desired to be Successful in this Role:
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); One year or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HVAC certification and/or Boiler’s License a plus.
- Previous job experience: Property Maintenance, Contractors (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general, painters, etc.), Construction workers, hotel management maintenance.
- Communication and Customer Service: written follow up and ability to explain solutions to residents.
- Valid drivers’ license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
- Emergencies happen. In order to ensure we are addressing these issues as soon as possible, our Maintenance Technicians must live within 30 minutes of the property.
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers products
If you are a person who finds satisfaction in seeing a resident smile when their maintenance issues have been resolved, then this is the position for you. Welcome home! Please email your resume to email@example.com