RESIDENT MAINTENANCE MANAGER/ SUPERINTENDENT--
(EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ)
Established Property Management Company seeking a Full Time Maintenance Manager for our Northern New Jersey Residential Complex in East Brunswick, NJ. The Maintenance Manager is REQUIRED to live on-site and should be comfortable traveling around the Middlesex County area to occasionally help out at other complexes as needed.
This is a great opportunity to work with a reputable Property Management Company. Salem Management Company is an experienced, full service Real Estate Property Management firm; serving tenants in New York & New Jersey with a high commitment to customer service, providing affordable apartment homes with quality finishes and modern amenities. We own and manage over 5,000 multifamily apartment homes in the tristate area.
***THIS POSITION IS HANDS ON AND REQUIRES PHYSICAL LABOR***
The Maintenance Manager's physical condition must be sufficient for the consistent and successful completion of the specific responsibilities defined for this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds, operate power tools and be involved in our snow removal operations which may include repetitive movements such as shoveling or operating a snow blower. Must also be fluent in English (both written and verbal).
Property maintenance is essential to every apartment community, and it is the maintenance team that carries out this vital role. Charged with preparing vacant apartments for new residents and performing routine and emergency maintenance of all kinds. The Maintenance Manager must have a working knowledge of all aspects of maintenance, repair & service while abiding by all company policies as well as local city, state and federal building & safety codes when applicable. The right candidate will possess the ability to troubleshoot problems and take appropriate action in addition to having experience in the following skill sets:
• Basic carpentry skills
• Hanging modular cabinets
• Trim work
• Light plumbing
• Light electrical
• Provide & maintain own tools
• Valid NJ driver's license
• Strong ability to muti-task
• Appliance repair
• Experience in painting
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Maintain a positive attitude when working with tenants
• Familiar with trade safety procedures & regulations as well as overall safety awareness
• Snow removal, including shoveling & operating a snow blower.
- Along with an apartment, this position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Group medical as well as a group 401(k) plan participation are available upon completion of the benefit elimination period.
- Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check, pre-employment physical and a drug test.
- Salem Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- If this sounds like the right position for you, please e-mail email@example.com with resume and salary requirements for consideration.